If you and your doctor decide that Pepto-Bismol is safe for the first few months of your pregnancy, follow the package dosage instructions.
Be sure to take no more than the recommended dosage, and try to take the smallest amount that you can.
What stomach medicine is safe during pregnancy?
Fortunately, there are many medications that are safe during pregnancy.
Medicine for Digestive Upsets
- Antacids (Tums, Rolaids, Mylanta, Maalox, Pepcid, Prevacid, Zantac)
- Simethicone (Gas-X, Mylicon for gas pain, Gaviscon)
- Immodium or BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast or tea) for diarrhea.
What can I take for diarrhea while pregnant?
In fact, you should use either a kaolin-and-pectin- (Kaopectate) or loperamide- (Imodium) type medication if you’re having bad diarrhea, because otherwise you could become seriously dehydrated and put your baby at risk.
What category is Pepto Bismol in pregnancy?
OTC Antidiarrheal Medications in Pregnancy
|Drug name||FDA pregnancy risk classification by trimester (1st/2nd/3rd)||Drug class|
|Kaolin and pectin (Kaopectate)||B/B/B||Antidiarrheal|
|Bismuth subsalicylate (Pepto Bismol)||C/C/D||Antidiarrheal|
What settles an upset stomach when pregnant?
Still, here are some tricks that might help ease nausea.
- Avoid fried, fatty foods.
- Drink lots of clear fluids. Try ginger ale.
- Suck on hard candy.
- Smell or taste a fresh lemon.
- Eat more carbohydrates (plain mashed potatoes, white rice, dry toast).
- Ask your doctor about taking vitamin B-6 or Unisom.
Which drugs should be avoided during pregnancy?
What medicines should you avoid during pregnancy?
- Bismuth subsalicylate (such as Pepto-Bismol).
- Phenylephrine or pseudoephedrine, which are decongestants.
- Cough and cold medicines that contain guaifenesin.
- Pain medicines like aspirin and ibuprofen (such as Advil and Motrin) and naproxen (such as Aleve).
What are four environmental hazards that can affect a fetus?
5 Environmental Hazards During Pregnancy:
- Cleaning Products:  Risk: Cleaning products often contain a substance called glycol ether that is present in oven cleaners and window cleaners.
- Pesticides:  Risk:
- Cell Phone Radiation:  Risk:
- Cosmetics:  Risk:
- Lead:  Risk:
What are signs of having a boy?
20 Ways to Tell if You Are Pregnant with a Boy
- Baby’s heart rate is slower than 140 beats per minute.
- Morning sickness that’s not too bad.
- Lustrous hair and skin.
- If it’s all out front.
- A hankering for chips, not ice cream.
- Big appetite.
- Keeping it on the downlow.
- The wedding ring spin.
Is diarrhea dangerous in pregnancy?
You can lose a significant amount of fluids when experiencing diarrhea during pregnancy. Dehydration can be serious, even deadly. You will need to make sure you are re-hydrating yourself. Diarrhea is rarely life-threatening, but it shouldn’t be taken too lightly, especially while pregnant.
Can diarrhea cause miscarriage?
If it doesn’t and you have other symptoms, however, diarrhea can be a sign of infection. Although it doesn’t cause miscarriage, diarrhea can affect a pregnancy. An occasional loose stool can be normal, but if you have any of the following, call your doctor: Blood in your stool.
Can I take Sudafed when pregnant?
Taking Sudafed when you’re pregnant is tricky. Some doctors are OK with their pregnant patients taking Sudafed, as long as it’s not during the first trimester and you don’t also suffer from hypertension. Other doctors may advise completely against taking the decongestant during pregnancy.
What can a pregnant woman take for nausea?
If your morning sickness symptoms persist, your health care provider may recommend vitamin B-6 supplements (pyridoxine), ginger and over- the-counter options such as doxylamine (Unisom) for management. If you still have symptoms, your health care provider may recommend prescription anti-nausea medications.
Can you take Claritin while pregnant?
Rest assured that after years of research on animals and humans, Claritin has been classified as safe to use during pregnancy. Antihistamines like Chlor-Trimeton and Benadryl are also deemed safe for pregnant women to take.
What helps an upset stomach while pregnant?
First Trimester Nausea
- Keep something in your stomach at all times. Crackers, cereal, ginger tea or fruit can all help settle your stomach.
- Avoid greasy foods, and foods with strong flavors or smells.
- If you’re vomiting, remember to re-hydrate with fluids.
- If your nausea and vomiting are severe, call your doctor.
How do you get rid of a stomach ache while pregnant?
To relieve sharp pains or cramps from stretched abdominal muscles and ligaments, rest or take a warm bath or shower. Regular exercise will strengthen and tone your abdominal muscles.
What can I eat with an upset stomach while pregnant?
- If nausea is a problem in the morning, eat dry foods like cereal, toast or crackers before getting out of bed.
- If you are hungry but extremely nauseated, try the BRAT (bananas, rice and tea) diet as well as bland foods.
- Seabands offer some pregnant women comfort.
- Ginger may combat nausea.
What food causes miscarriage?
Foods that can cause miscarriage
- 01/9Smoked seafood. Smoked and refrigerated seafood (usually labeled as nova or lox) should be avoided as it might be contaminated with listeria.
- 02/9Raw eggs. Pregnant women should avoid under-cooked food.
- 03/9Unpasteurized milk.
- 04/9Drumstick Tree.
- 05/9Animal Liver.
- 06/9Aloe Vera.
- 07/9Sprouted Potato.
What should you avoid when pregnant?
Here are 11 foods and beverages to avoid or minimize during pregnancy.
- High-Mercury Fish. Mercury is a highly toxic element.
- Undercooked or Raw Fish. Raw fish, especially shellfish, can cause several infections.
- Undercooked, Raw and Processed Meat.
- Raw Eggs.
- Organ Meat.
- Raw Sprouts.
- Unwashed Produce.
What is not safe during pregnancy?
Foods You Shouldn’t Eat While Pregnant. Raw Meat: Uncooked seafood and rare or undercooked beef or poultry should be avoided because of the risk of contamination with coliform bacteria, toxoplasmosis, and salmonella. Deli Meat: Deli meats have been known to be contaminated with listeria, which can cause miscarriage.
What are some environmental concerns for the expecting mother?
Exposure to these hazards during pregnancy may cause negative health effects for the mother and baby. The negative health effects that may be caused by exposure to these hazards include: miscarriage, still birth, delayed fetal growth, birth defects and increased risk for certain illnesses in the baby.
Is it safe to take turmeric when pregnant?
Is Turmeric Safe During Pregnancy? This yellow spice has a host of benefits, but high doses could harm a fetus. Learn more about the safety of ingesting turmeric during pregnancy. But it turns out that curcumin— the active ingredient in turmeric that makes up about 3% of it by weight—may cause problems in large doses.
What are symptoms of preeclampsia and why is it serious?
In addition to swelling, protein in the urine, and high blood pressure, preeclampsia symptoms can include: Rapid weight gain caused by a significant increase in bodily fluid. Abdominal pain. Severe headaches.
Photo in the article by “Picryl”