Nava Greenfield of Schweiger Dermatology Group in Brooklyn, moisturizers that are not anti-aging, which she says would likely contain an acid, are fine to use during pregnancy. She recommends Cerave moisturizer and SkinCeuticals’ Triple Lipid cream, which she cautions is pricey.
What face products to avoid while pregnant?
Beauty Products and Skincare Ingredients to Avoid While Pregnant
- Retin-A, Retinol and Retinyl Palmitate. These vitamin A derivatives and others can lead to dangerous birth defects. …
- Tazorac and Accutane. …
- Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicylic acids. …
- Essential Oils. …
- Hydroquinone. …
- Aluminum chloride. …
- Formaldehyde. …
- Chemical Sunscreens.
How do you moisturize when pregnant?
Top Tips To Moisturize Right:
- Tank up on water, natural fruit juices, and fluids; this keeps the internal organs hydrated while maintaining skin elasticity and imparting a radiance to the skin. …
- Massage your face and body with sweet almond oil or coconut oil.
What beauty products are safe for pregnancy?
Pregnancy-safe skin care brands
- Belli Skincare.
- Earth Mama® Organics.
- Erbavia Organic Skincare.
- The Spoiled Mama.
Can I use Vitamin C serum while pregnant?
Vitamin C can be stressful for sensitive skins or anyone with rosacea. So for those who fall in that category, make sure you’re utilizing a product containing less than 10 percent Vitamin C. Outside of this note, Vitamin C is perfectly safe to use throughout pregnancy and new mama-hood.
What shampoos to avoid while pregnant?
Other ingredients to watch out for in haircare products include parabens; rosemary; synthetic fragrances, which may contain phthalates; and a preservative called methylisothiazolinone (MIT). Phthalates may alter hormone levels, and in scientific studies, MIT inhibited the growth of rats’ nerve cells.
Is Vaseline bad for pregnancy?
Can You Use Vaseline While Pregnant? Vaseline is made from petroleum products, which we don’t recommend using. Not only does Vaseline lock in moisture, it locks in PAHs. 14 PAHs are linked to carcinogenic growth, putting women at a 50% higher risk of developing breast cancer .
How often should you moisturize during pregnancy?
2) Hydrate Your Skin Twice Daily
You’re likely used to doing that with your face and neck, but you may have to start hydrating other parts of your body as well. We find that the best solution is to apply an all-natural Soothing Moisturizing Balm to your stomach, hips, thighs, and chest at least twice a day.
Is Nivea safe during pregnancy?
4. What NIVEA body products can be used safely during pregnancy to massage stretch marks? Due to its high amount of caring oils, NIVEA Q10 Firming Body Oil is ideally for massaging the belly during the pregnancy. Furthermore, it provides a soft feeling when massaging stretch marks.
Is Cetaphil moisturizer safe for pregnant?
Can I use Cetaphil products if I’m pregnant? As Cetaphil® products have not been clinically tested specifically on pregnant women, please speak to your healthcare professional about whether or not you should use any Cetaphil product during pregnancy. I have a nut allergy.
When should I start using bio oil in pregnancy?
Bio-Oil Skincare Oil should be massaged in a circular motion into the stretch marks, twice daily, for a minimum of 3 months. During pregnancy, it should be applied from the start of the second trimester to areas that are prone to stretch marks such as the abdomen, breasts, lower back, hips, buttocks and thighs.